Happy New Years Eve!

Wishing you all a very Happy New Years Eve!

The past week has been great for me. I went “home” for Christmas to my parent’s house.

I call it “home” because I think our parent’s home will always be home, but my apartment with my furries is my home.


I flew in on Christmas Eve morning and Mom picked me up from the airport. The flight was great – none of the normal Penticton turbulence! We had a nice mellow day, made homemade pizza for dinner and Wayne made (cooked) saganaki for our appetizer.

Mom and I had a lovely hot tub before dinner … so nice because it was cold outside!

And since I was up at 5:00 am to catch my flight, I was actually falling asleep on the couch at 8:00 pm. So I retreated to my room and watched some CraveTV before going to sleep.


On Christmas morning, I was up around 4:15 am … yes, what the f**k!? It wasn’t because I was Christmas-excited … I was just done sleeping. I stayed in bed watching YouTube until maybe 6:00 am.

Then we popped the champagne top and had some mimosas! Wayne was up around 7:00 am and we got settled for our stockings. Now … we agreed to do only stockings and a budget of $50 each.

So I was beyond surprised to have presents AND to have the $50 budget totally blown! I got the one item I asked for … a corksicle! And of course the usual socks! I also got my can of black olives and Christmas orange.

I also received gift cards from the Cactus Club, Sephora, BC Liquor Store, Walmart, and Costco! Plus Mom gave me a card with $100 cash! All in (cards and cash) I was up to $250 … and that doesn’t include the side gifts!


Boxing Day I took Mom’s car and went to meet my bestie and her fam for lunch at Salty’s Beach House. Her man absolutely LOVES the Angry Chicken dish, so we know we can make it happen every year! It was so great to see her, her man (whom I introduced each other to!), her brother, her mom, and of course her 3 beautiful chicklets!

After lunch I popped across town and hit up Bulk Barn (because the closest to me in Vancouver is not close) for some nuts & seeds, and also Sally Beauty Supply (again, closest to me in Van is not close) for a glass nail file and more pure acetone.

Then I headed back to Mom’s where we were hosting an Open House for friends and family to come visit. We ended up having 15 – 20 people attend and it was a great afternoon. My grandma (Mom’s mom) and her new guy even attended!

By 5:00 pm everyone, except our close friend Jimmy and his girlfriend, had headed out, so I was able to turn on the TV for the IIHF World Junior Championship hockey tournament and the Team Canada game!

I finished watching the game in my room and then started to get a headache. So I had a hot shower and headed to bed … around 8:30 pm.


On the 27th my flight was set to take off at 6:55 pm, so I needed to be at the airport around 5:45 pm. However, I opted to have my folks take me there around 3:45 pm as they were bickering and I don’t tolerate it well at all. I felt, for my own sanity and to avoid further anxiety, that I should leave their house and spend more than necessary alone at the (small) airport.

Luckily the time went by quickly, I was able to watch the Team Canada hockey game live through the TSN GO app, and right around 6:55 pm the plane was in the air.

By 8:45 pm I was home, unpacked and loving my fur babies!


On the 28th I didn’t do much. I went to Costco to pick up some cauliflower, frozen fruit (pineapple & mango), chicken “nuggets” (I dislike the work nugget as I feel it suggests formed meat … but the pieces I got are from chicken breast), and romaine lettuce.

Next I headed to Safeway and got some garlic, tart shells (going to make more mini quiches), tahini, rosemary, chicken broth … and maybe more!

I made a quick batch of roasted cauliflower & garlic soup. It was so simply … literally roasted cauliflower and garlic, and chicken broth!


On the 29th I met up with a friend from my Saskatchewan days – we hadn’t seen each other since the summer of 2010! We went for lunch and I had planned on walking around to show her some of Vancouver … but it was raining … a lot!

So after lunch we simply went on our way. I got her to the skytrain and on her way, then headed to Indigo and picked up the FitBook to keep me on track and focused in the new year.

Then I decided to check Bath & Body Works for the Winter Cedar candle that I received for Christmas from a manager, and they had them … ON SALE!!! So I got 2 of them, and 3 new body lotions (also on sale)!

Finally I stopped into Sephora and used my GC to get some new liquid eyeliner and mascara.

At home I watched the next Team Canada game.


On the 30th I picked up some more cat food as the prices are going up effective January 1st. I also treated myself to a movie (La La Land), of course with a water and popcorn!

After the movie, which was a matinee, I remembered I had a $15 gift card from Joey Restaurant, so I headed down the block and had some yam fries and a couple of Happy Hour beers!

On the way to the movie I stopped into the Robert Lee YMCA and got some details on pricing and what’s included. At work, we get a $500 annual taxable fitness benefit (reimbursement) and I’ve been contemplating what to use it on. The YMCA is $60 per month (plus tax, of course) … so a full year would only cost me about $300 out of pocket. And in the $60 monthly fee you get access to EVERYTHING … pool … gym … gymnasium … aquafit classes … fitness classes …

And an added bonus is that they are waiving the $50 sign-up fee until the end of January. So I am highly considering signing up on the 1st. I would like to give it a try … test out the classes … definitely do some swimming!


Today is now New Years Eve! My plans for tonight are the same as they are almost every year … probably get woken up by the fireworks! LOL

I was considering making a nice meal and renting a movie (Shaw on Demand … likely the movie “Sully“) … but I woke up wanting pizza. And not just any pizza but my favorite pizza from Famoso! It takes me about 45 minutes by skytrain and bus to get to the restaurant, but I’m willing to take that time out of my day for this pizza – especially tonight! I’ll have to call them when they open to find out what time they are open until.

Team Canada plays Team USA at 12:30 pm, so I’m booked watching the game until at least 3:30 pm.

I did some great YMCA planning and made Sriracha Chicken Caesar Salad for dinner.

I’m pretty well caught up on The Affair … so perhaps I’ll move on to renting a movie!

Happy New Year to all my readers and followers! I look forward to a stunning 2017!!!

Tagged , , , , , , , , ,

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: