Happy (Canadian) Thanksgiving!!!
It was such a treat to have a 3-day weekend … and to add awesome to that, our instructor postponed our test! It was supposed to be tomorrow, but we still have a TON to learn about Fats, so now we have until Thursday!
This let me get some bookkeeping done with weekend, and a bit of recipe testing, too!
I made my Mom’s Chocolate Chip Cookies, but swapped the regular white sugar for coconut sugar, and swapped the margarine for butter … meh – they are NOT the same!
I also made some Coconut Bars, but instead of bars, I used a mini muffin tin, so I have Coconut Bites! The original recipe calls for strawberry protein powder, but I swapped for the seasonal release of Chocolate Mint. These turned out AWESOME!
Today I tried out an Avocado Fudge recipe. The original calls for 4 scoops vanilla protein powder, but I wanted to try it with our seasonal release of Pumpkin Spice! So I swapped 3 scoops for PS and used 1 scoop vanilla.
The full recipe was a MAJOR test for my food processor. It made the motor REALLY smell! So next time, will opt for making 2 half batches instead.
Also, the ingredients call for honey, but the recipe didn’t indicate WHERE to add it! So I completely forgot it!! Was a wee bit concerned how sweet these brownies would be, but was delighted that they taste GREAT!
- 2 large avocados, pitted & peeled
- 4 scoops vanilla protein powder
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder, unsweetened
- 1/8 tsp sea salt
- 2 1/2 cups walnuts
- 1 1/2 cups dates, pitted and chopped
- 3 tsp honey
- Add the avocado through salt (let’s say through honey!) to food processor and process until a smooth consistency is reached
- Add 1 cup of walnuts and 1 cup of dates; process until smooth
- Add 1 cup of walnuts and remaining dates; process until smooth
- Add remaining walnuts and pulse to combine
- Prepare 8 x 8 baking pan with parchment paper; fill with mixture
- Press firmly with back of spoon; freeze for at least 3 hours (putting in the fridge isn’t enough – needs freezer)
- Remove from pan and slice into desired size pieces (I opted for 4 x 6 = 24 pieces)
Will I make this recipe again – yes, ABSOLUTELY!!!