Today I did my very first Facebook Live! I was a bit nervous, but when you’re talking about a subject that you’re passionate about, it just comes easy!
Here is the recipe:
- 1/2 cup raw cashews
- 1/2 cup unsweetened, unflavored almond milk (I used cashew milk)
- 9 oz uncooked pasta (I used Fusilli)
- 1 tsp EVOO
- 1 small onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 1/2 cups diced tomatoes, drained
- 3 handfuls spinach
- 3 tbsp nutritional yeast
- 1 cup fresh basil, finely chopped
- 3 tbsp tomato paste
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- Soak cashews for minimum 2 hours, then drain and rinse. Add cashews and milk to blender and blend until smooth
- Cook pasta, according to instructions, to al dente
- In large skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Add onion and garlic and saute until translucent.
- Add tomatoes and spinach and cook until spinach is wilted
- Stir in cashew cream through pepper and cook until heated through
- Add pasta to skillet and mix
Tip: if at any point the sauce or pasta dries out, stir in a splash of almond/cashew milk (I anticipate this for the leftovers).
After a quick taste, I have to say … this is one delicious dish! I can’t wait for lunch tomorrow and Tuesday! Will absolutely be adding this recipe to my collection of go-to’s!